BOOK REVIEW

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
by Steve Harvey

I have to confess I am a bit of a bookworm. For me reading is my unwind and relax time. I wouldn't consider myself a nerdy bookworm either. I have a penchant for gorgeous coffee table books, fashion books and, with a deep regret, self-help books. I don't need self-help books but (and there is a but) there's something empowering about realising you're not the only one in the world that has 'issues'.

I recently had the book Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man sent to me by Harper Collins. Writen by comedian and self-proclaimed radio 'superstar' Steve Harvey, it gives a great insight into how men think about life, love and their careers. There are many contributing factors that make men and women different (thank god!). I would love to have the ability to think like a man. For men it's black and white with none of this grey business that takes up so much of women's precious brain space. It's narrow minded to put all men into the same box, although from past experiences they're all really the same... sport, mates, beer, food are all considered high priorities. Regardless of whether you are married, engaged, single, in a relationship or divorced, this book will give you a clearer insight into what men really think about and how they do it. The best bit? It's from a man's perspective. Steve Harvey may be arrogant and a little bit off centre but what he says does make sense... which for a man is a miracle! It's a very easy read (3 nights tucked into a cozy bed) and is definitely worth passing around amongst your girlfriends. A good, quick winter read.



Posted by Emilie Harrison
You have read this article Book reviews / Books with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://celebratetheyear.blogspot.com/2009/06/book-review-act-like-lady-think-like.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment